I dropped my phone in water and now I can't connect to wifi, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i dropped my phone in the bath,it was in the water for about 2-3 seconds,it worked for aproximatly 20 mins but after setting the battery and shell and phone itself to dry i turned the phone on but when i put the wifi on no networks appear

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: i dropped my phone in water and now i cant connect to wifi,

It is hard to say with certainty, but it is very likely that you fried something. That is the problem with dropping a phone in water. It can cause damage that never seems apparent, but a chip on the board could have been damaged. Swipe down to the Notification Center and tap the WiFi button. Is it showing WiFi on? Does it show any WiFi networks available?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i dropped my phone in water and now i cant connect to wifi,

Yep... best way to make that water damage permanent is to run that phone after a dunking until something breaks...

If you try the rice trick, open up anything you can (back, trays, etc.), remove anything you can (battery, cards, headphones, whatever).

Submerge the phone in rice. It should be completely surrounded. Seal it all in a bag or container. WAIT. Don't be in a hurry. There is no point to doing this half way. DON'T check every hour. You aren't cooking it. You don't have to "stir occasionally." I don't care what your buddy says. It NEEDS to stay in the rice about 72 hours (that's 3 FULL days) for maximum effort at drawing that moisture out of every crevice and cranny.

No guarantees at this point. As indicated above you may have done something in. You mixed electricity and water by running the phone after the submersion. This is never a good combination.

Good Luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium