Whatsapp notifications not working/late

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I think this is the appropriate section where to post, my apologies in case it's not. I've searched into the forums and couldn't find a similar thread so I decided to start one myself.
Problem is, it's been a few days now that WhatsApp notifications are not on time or not arriving at all unless I open the app. WApp is my main messaging app and as such it is enabled to always run in background, even when battery saver is on. My phone is a 920 on Denim and I don't have a zillion apps installed, so ram shouldn't be an issue. It's not the first time I notice this, it has already happened in the past and I've never understood if the blame was WhatsApp's or if Microsoft servers were having problems. Ideas anyone? It can be pretty annoying receiving messages like "hey, are you up for a coffee in 10 min?" 20minutes later or not receiving them at all.
Any solutions? Thanks!

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Its so bad sometimes that I get the message like 20 mins later. In fact, its so funny that the other day my friend messaged me to say he's coming over. But I didn't get it.
He then came over regardless and asked why did I ignore his message. I told him I didn't and that I didn't get his message. Needless to say he didn't believe me.
Then we began watching a video on my phone and here it is a few minutes later that his message suddenly popped up saying "Hey, I'm coming over" and we both burst out in laughter. It was seriously funny.
This can get annoying though and cause you to miss out. I constantly have to check my whatsapp to make sure this doesn't happen too much.

Jangir Amit

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
this problm start when i was update last version of whatsapp... 1-2 hrs late notiication ... simply uninstall whatsapp and reinstall it... helps for me..backup ur chat before doing this.

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hint: blame Microsoft, according to WhatsApp FAQs push notification is handled by Microsoft server, the message itself is handled by WhatsApp own server, so keep checking your app.
This makes sense, I switched from Android when WP8 was launched and I remember that at that time notifications were so bad that I started doubting whether WP had push notifications support.
It is a bit strange tho that after years a giant like Microsoft still has the same problems with servers.. I mean, they also develop server systems don't they?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3