Windows 8.1. Internet Connection Problems.

W

WPCentral Question

Hi all,

I bought a windows 8.1 laptop 3 month ago. Since then, i have problem with my internet connections. I think I?m a patient guy, but, well, not anymore...

When i want to browse web, 3 out of 5 tries ends with "Unable to connect to this webpage", there are a lot of fixes on the internet, but none of these work for me.

My 2nd PC with Win7 does not have this problem, so I think problem is in Windows 8.1. It is really annoying, when I need to search something, ( And I don?t want to spend year with it) and then this come up "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THIS WEBPAGE"

Yesterday, i was so angry, I thought I throw my computer out of the window when i was at the meeting.

Someone, who can actually help me with this problem please?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If it happens in all browser, then it might be WLAN driver issue. Try using earlier version of driver or other OS. Just a quick livecd of Linux will determine if the issue is with your driver/OS or hardware.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Go into Device Manager and either roll back the wireless driver or update it. If that doesn't fix it, go to the device manufacturer's website and get drivers from there. I am surprised the troubleshooter didn't fix this although u didn't mention using it. It's definitely not Windows 8.1 bcoz millions of people use it with none of the problems ur having

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There's a lot of potential causes and hence a lot of potential fixes.
​To get to the bottom of it, a lot more information is needed and testing to work through potential causes one at a time. To be honest, your best bet is to get someone in to look at it (if it only happens in one location) or take it to a reputable computer dude.

quinne8d

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
(Thats me)

- It happens in all browsers
- When I launch linux from livecd, everything works perfect....
- troubleshooter didn?t work
- Wireless driver is up to date

(My laptop is HP Probook 450s)

Interesting thing is that my friend bought a windows 8.1 laptop too (Asus Zenbook UX303LN) and he has same problem as me and my brother has Win 8.1 on desktop PC and he has this problem too....

Is there a chance that the problem is in our router? (But once more, Windows 7 desktop PC is O.K., Android Tablets, mobile phones etc are O.k. too)

:angry:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Is there a chance that the problem is in our router?:angry:
​Bingo. That's your common point.
With it being an intermittent issue, I'm thinking DNS configuration (check the router is set to use the DNS servers as detailed by your ISP), or IP address conflict on the network (do you have issues on the laptop only when, say, a particular other device is powered on?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa