Windows 10 on 521?

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I have one laying around, and I want to put windows 10 on it. Any issues before I make the jump? I know I'm bound to run into some, but any that really impact performance? Thanks.

crisdiaz01

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
If your 521 is your primary phone, I advise against installing it. most noticeable is the sluggishness and lag in it. There's some cool nice little things about it, but I don't feel its worth this hassle. Granted, I is a preview, so I can't really complain, but I would remain wary

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
If your 521 is your primary phone, I advise against installing it. most noticeable is the sluggishness and lag in it. There's some cool nice little things about it, but I don't feel its worth this hassle. Granted, I is a preview, so I can't really complain, but I would remain wary

Not my primary, but I don't want to brick it. I think I might hold back. Just saw a thread with a 520 not working so... I'll wait :)

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
That's probably the best route. I'm a little let down, but hopefully Microsoft gets on it 😄

Yeah. I was really hoping that just maybe I could do it without big threatening risks, but I guess I do have to accept that it's a tech preview, it's label is risky. But you never know, maybe if I see if people aren't complaining as much I'll download it. For now I'll keep it safe 😁

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
For sure it's less risky than the fast ring.... but is it still too risky?

No.. It still has a chance to brick your phone, but it's less than 1%.. Most of the bugs will be caught in the "Fast Ring" and most of them will be fixed by the time the slow ring gets the update

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
No.. It still has a chance to brick your phone, but it's less than 1%.. Most of the bugs will be caught in the "Fast Ring" and most of them will be fixed by the time the slow ring gets the update

Oh sweet in that case... I'll do it! It's not primary (though I still value it nonetheless).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb