Alternate way to hard reset windows phone

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can access the phone... Use Factory Reset via the About section in settings and "reset my phone" button.

If you can not access the device try a Hard Reset via physical buttons. Power down the phone. Hold Volume Down and tap Power until you see this screen:
http://solverbase.com/images/c/c8/Exclamation-Point-Nokia.png

Then tap Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down and the phone flashes the OS version stored in memory (same as Factory Reset).

If neither of these is available, use one of these tools and a USB connection to a PC with internet access: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

tuantt

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
"Then tap Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down and the phone flashes the OS version stored in memory (same as Factory Reset)."
I see the Exclaim screen. However, when I tap Vup, Vdown, power, vdown my phone start as normal. What is my problem? (my phone 920, Winphone 10 TP)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
"Then tap Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down and the phone flashes the OS version stored in memory (same as Factory Reset)."
I see the Exclaim screen. However, when I tap Vup, Vdown, power, vdown my phone start as normal. What is my problem? (my phone 920, Winphone 10 TP)

I'm not sure, unless you are pushing the Power button too long or too hard. It is a very quick and light Tap. Win 10 TP may have something to do with it... I'm not testing Win 10 Mo right now so I can't say. I never tried a button press Hard Reset on 10.

You could always use a reset tool and go back to 8.1: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro