Windows 10 for phones inconsistent UI

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 for phones build was announced 2 days ago and there. Has been a lot of bugs. though bugs might be there as its still a technical preview but there has been ui inconsistency.

Hamburger menu
Battery icon wireframe
Messaging Circles
Paper plane send button

D u think Microsoft should remove these things? Bcoz the existing one are so good that they are never to be replaced by ugly icons. Do u guys agree with it???

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Battery icon matches all the other icons in the new Settings menus, I quite like them.
Circles for contact pictures is a bit love it or hate it. I'd like squares. And to be actually able to add pictures to the contacts that are stored on Outlook.com.
The paper plane button, I would guess, is straight from the acquisitions MS made of mail/calendar apps. It's not a good icon though. Or in the right place (at the moment).

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Battery icon matches all the other icons in the new Settings menus, I quite like them.
Circles for contact pictures is a bit love it or hate it. I'd like squares. And to be actually able to add pictures to the contacts that are stored on Outlook.com.
The paper plane button, I would guess, is straight from the acquisitions MS made of mail/calendar apps. It's not a good icon though. Or in the right place (at the moment).

It maybe firm the acquisition of recent start ups by microsoft but the hamburgers are good for desktops and laptops programmes as we use kiuse to control it. On windows phone we mostly use our fingers so it makes ux a lot inconsistent. Remembering that my father had got a Lumia temporarily but later he wanted note 4. But always liked windows phone bcoz if its Design and ergonomic use. Its good that microsoft wants to make standard UI but it really spoils what windows phone is meant for. Its ease of UX and metro experience. The elipses button is much more friendkiwr and better to use at the bottom than the hamburger at the top.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos