Windows 10 TP for Lumia 920

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, has anyone tried the latest W10TP build on the Lumia 920? Just want to know if it at least runs (turns on without any fault) instead of getting bricked. Saw a YouTube video of the 920 in a reboot cycle after a guy had installed the TP. Anyone willing to share their experience? Please? In two minds whether to install the TP or not...
Sorry if this was answered somewhere else...

Thanks in advance...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the 10 preview is a picky beast. Some phones are fine, some don't quite work as well (badly) as it should.

Someone out there got it working on the 920 just fine, but its also luck I think. (because if it affected all 920's, they wouldn't be included in this release)

Also, if its your only phone, don't do it.
If you need your phone in working condition and fully functional at any given moment, don't do it.
If there's important data, back it up.
If its a toy you can afford to erase/lose temporarily, I suppose you can try it.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I've installed and using Windows 10 TP on my secondary device, 920. In fact I'm typing this from my 920. However, I'd strongly recommend you NOT to install It on your primary device. It works fine but has a very limited functionality. A lot of bugs, a lot of crashing, a lot of freezing, and sometimes really slow (maybe I feel It slow because I use 930 as my daily driver).

So, in short, do not install it on your primary device!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, has anyone tried the latest W10TP build on the Lumia 920? Just want to know if it at least runs (turns on without any fault) instead of getting bricked. Saw a YouTube video of the 920 in a reboot cycle after a guy had installed the TP. Anyone willing to share their experience? Please? In two minds whether to install the TP or not...
Sorry if this was answered somewhere else...

Thanks in advance...

there has been serious issues faced by users such as infinite reboots sfter installing TP. the phone bricked while rolling back. some of the users reported their devices as DEAD becuse the device isnt responding to anything. i suggest you not to update to TP and wait for a much stable build later on in the coming months. its good that you did you research and learnt how bad these bugs could be ;) good day

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you all. I will be skipping this build hopefully for a more polished build in the coming weeks/months. The 920 is not my only device but it does have a lot of data on it, cannot risk the data for an update. Thanks all once again :)
I love this community, really helpful :)

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The TP build has already been downloaded and is giving me a notification to install, any idea how I can cancel this? The phone doesn't allow me to set it to never install, instead it shows me the time at which it will automatically get installed... I feel I'm in deep deep trouble here...

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
The TP build has already been downloaded and is giving me a notification to install, any idea how I can cancel this? The phone doesn't allow me to set it to never install, instead it shows me the time at which it will automatically get installed... I feel I'm in deep deep trouble here...

my knowledge suggests that a hard reset will only help you out here. because as the update is downloaded in the device with a timer before it automatically installs. to delete this update you need to perform a hard reset. ;) good day

Marifaz

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear all, thanks alot! Backed up the device and performed a hard reset. Then as apps were getting installed had to un-install the Windows insider app because it was trying to download the update again. After it was un-installed, I got the Denim update for the 920 :)
Was hoping for 8.1 update 2 but the 920 wasn't lucky enough :D

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
It worked just fine for me but I have to agree it's buggy as hell. Some very cool changes but they need to keep fine tuning it. Definitely don't do it on your primary device just yet. Better off waiting a bit. I like the way it's headed though! Still doesn't bring some apps back that I need so I am switching to the S5. I will keep the Lumia 920 though . I want to keep updating it and follow WP 10 and see where it goes. Fun to have that extra device to play with. Hopefully I will be back to Windows in a while!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium