Why my 6 year old android able to access windows desktop but my Lumia can't?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a Fe screen shots , I confused why android has a desktop app for windows but my windows Lumia phone does not?

There is a windows phone apps for desktop and modern windows that used to sync content between your PC and phone (Like Nokia PC Suite) and there is a tools for recovery called lumia recovery tools.

For WP 7 there is a Zune for it

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
On my android there is a windows file manager that converts all my contents apks,media,any file that's on phone and it displays it in windows desktop view, on my device, basically a file explorer but its windows desktop made by windows, i was curious as to why there is not a file explorer on windows store that has this capability , its made by Microsoft but I can't find it, for android its called windows file manager

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Some evidence of the best experience on Windows Phone 10
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150413_0004.png
    wp_ss_20150413_0004.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 15

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
On my android there is a windows file manager that converts all my contents apks,media,any file that's on phone and it displays it in windows desktop view, on my device, basically a file explorer but its windows desktop made by windows, i was curious as to why there is not a file explorer on windows store that has this capability , its made by Microsoft but I can't find it, for android its called windows file manager
file manager?
https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/files/762e837f-461d-4847-8399-3526f54fc25e

if you looking to browse content with USB cable just plug it to your PC you can browse the files in both Phone and SD card Memory
when you want to install apps from .XAP file put it to your SD card. then open store tiles the SD card section should be there

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

What is the app called?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Srsly tho.... I presume the OP means this one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monkeysoft.awm

If that is the one, that's a lot of chrome that doesn't, IMO, translate well to a small screen touch interface. But, YMMV.

Partly, due to design and intentional limitations, a lot of the file system in WP is presently off limits.

Just search for file managers on windowsphone.com, try a couple, and enjoy.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
It's a Microsoft application devloped by Microsoft its call Windows File Manager, I'm trying to post the link you screen shots but apparently I don't have enough posts yet, anyways its a really cool app, it even accesses one drive and your able to view all phone and cloud storage content, it resembles a pc.experience completely.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I stand corrected , I wrote this way earlier but alot of the times my comments disappear , I really did think it was Microsoft, but your right its not bit honestly its a fly app

File system on WP isn't showed whatever the apps uses. Why? Because the apps run on sanbox mode so they can't modify the system.
System can set apps to do few thing (lockscreen, ringtones) but it just only when user modify it on setting they can't do themself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb