Why are my Text Message coming from the wrong contact?

W

WPCentral Question

When I send a text to saved contact, their reply comes up separately under the contacts name. Ex: Contact: SallySmith- Sally need something from the store?
Sally's answer: No good for now, comes up under different message from SallySmith.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Text Message wrong Contact

When I send a text to saved contact, their reply comes up separately under the contacts name. Ex: Contact: SallySmith- Sally need something from the store?
Sally's answer: No good for now, comes up under different message from SallySmith.

Welcome to Windows Central.

In my experience, this happened when I had duplicate contact entries. Make sure that the contact-of-concern has only one entry for each number that he or she may have. For example, my I encountered the same problem when I had a Bob Ong with a phone number 0917-1234567 and a +63917-1234567 - these two numbers are the same, with only the country code being different*.

You may want to create a Windows Central account in order to respond to this thread.

*- In my L535 with the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 (8.10.15116.125), it is impossible to create duplicate numbers for the same contact. Not sure if it has been like this in earlier OS versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99