Was mostly going to screw around with it and casual stuff. If I gamed on it then it'd more than likely be via smartglass once that updates to accommodate game streaming (most of the marketplace games for W8 have been crap with a few exceptions).

So aside from the bump in screen size & resolution and costing $250~300 more, does it really do anything exceptional from the other quad-core/2gb RAM 8" offerings from ASUS, ACER, or Toshiba? Better processor? GPU?

thanks
    04-14-2015 09:33 PM
    The Atom x7 has some pretty impressive benchmarks compared to the Z series ones you're going to find in other tablets. It's actually surprisingly close to the Core M processors you're finding on newer ultrabooks and the new "revolutionary" MacBook.

So yes it should stand out a decent amount. :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-15-2015 06:06 AM
    It has the newest generation Atom under-the-hood, so it has a leg over current Bay-trail Atom tablets like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, etc.

From a raw horsepower perspective, it may blow away other tablets in its class, but the chips inside are relatively new at this time - I haven't seen benchmarks, but I hear they're quite good compared.

It's hardware is head-and-shoulders above the cheaper ones. The kickstand, cover, metal design makes for a very classy tablet. So its a lot higher quality in terms of design and build.
    I can't comment on how much better this new silicon is - I've heard there's been sizeable graphics upgrades, but don't quote me on that.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    04-15-2015 04:15 PM
    I did a quick search for a comparison to the Bay-trail chipsets but found nothing.

However: Here is the benchmark I saw awhile ago in regards to comparing it to the Core M 5Y10a!
    Intel Atom x7 Z8700 vs Core M 5Y10a
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-15-2015 07:29 PM