In the market for a Windows tablet...does surface 3 stand out from other quadcore tablets?

W

WPCentral Question

Was mostly going to screw around with it and casual stuff. If I gamed on it then it'd more than likely be via smartglass once that updates to accommodate game streaming (most of the marketplace games for W8 have been crap with a few exceptions).

So aside from the bump in screen size & resolution and costing $250~300 more, does it really do anything exceptional from the other quad-core/2gb RAM 8" offerings from ASUS, ACER, or Toshiba? Better processor? GPU?

thanks

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The Atom x7 has some pretty impressive benchmarks compared to the Z series ones you're going to find in other tablets. It's actually surprisingly close to the Core M processors you're finding on newer ultrabooks and the new "revolutionary" MacBook.

So yes it should stand out a decent amount. :D

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It has the newest generation Atom under-the-hood, so it has a leg over current Bay-trail Atom tablets like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, etc.

From a raw horsepower perspective, it may blow away other tablets in its class, but the chips inside are relatively new at this time - I haven't seen benchmarks, but I hear they're quite good compared.

It's hardware is head-and-shoulders above the cheaper ones. The kickstand, cover, metal design makes for a very classy tablet. So its a lot higher quality in terms of design and build.
I can't comment on how much better this new silicon is - I've heard there's been sizeable graphics upgrades, but don't quote me on that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium