How can I configure OneDrive to sync from three devices?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

OneDrive Configuration

I have 2 Windows 8.1 PC-s and Win RT 8.1 Tablet. Each has it's own MSN account. I want to store all files created by these three machines on a single OneDrive and synced back to only one of the PC's. How can I configure OneDrive to do this?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: OneDrive Configuration

Welcome to Windows Central.

By "own MSN account", did you mean that each of those devices have a different Microsoft Account?

Regardless, the process should be the same. You can try:

1. Install the Microsoft OneDrive software on the device (we shall refer to this device as your "chosen device") which you want to host the files... the one where you want the files to be "synced back". Take note of the Microsoft Account you'll be using to sign into that OneDrive software.

2. Once the software is setup, you should start seeing the folders from your online OneDrive folder created in your chosen device, including sub-folders if any.

3. In your other two devices, do not install the OneDrive folder. (If you do, then the files will also be synced into those devices). Open up a browser and go to the online OneDrive account that you used for OneDrive software in your chosen device. Any file that you upload from any of those other devices through a browser should be synced to your chosen device software. Hence, only your chosen device with the OneDrive software will have the combination of the files from all three devices.

Hope this helps.

You may want to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread, should you have any other question or clarification.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: OneDrive Configuration

I have 2 Windows 8.1 PC-s and Win RT 8.1 Tablet. Each has it's own MSN account. I want to store all files created by these three machines on a single OneDrive and synced back to only one of the PC's. How can I configure OneDrive to do this?

You can't unless you use the same Microsoft Account on all three devices. The closest thing that may work would be setting up aliases for each within the same account and then seeing if the aliases refer back to the same OneDrive but I have never tried that so it is just thought. There is otherwise still no option to merge Microsoft Accounts and OneDrive is tied to the account. OneDrive for Business makes it easy (probably the only thing it makes easy) but it is OneDrive in name only. It is really just a prettier iteration of SharePoint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb