WP 8.1 GDR2 Update for L730, Without TP!!!

T_Luck_Sharma

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Guys,
I wanna ask that will the official WP 8.1 GDR2 be available for my L730 or not? MCSFT said it will be available for L735 & L830... So if it is available for L735... Will it also be available for my device too???
Please tell me..
Thank You.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The 730 can download TP so the problem is that when you update, you could either get lucky and pick up GDR 2 first or you could end up with TP..

It's a 50/50 shot

Edit: the features that GDR 2 were supposed to bring will most likely be available when you officially upgrade to w10 :) Keep in mind that if you upgrade now (via the Fast Ring > Windows Insider app), there is a chance that you can brick your device (the 52x line fiasco)

T_Luck_Sharma

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
The 730 can download TP so the problem is that when you update, you could either get lucky and pick up GDR 2 first or you could end up with TP..

It's a 50/50 shot

Edit: the features that GDR 2 were supposed to bring will most likely be available when you officially upgrade to w10 :) Keep in mind that if you upgrade now (via the Fast Ring > Windows Insider app), there is a chance that you can brick your device (the 52x line fiasco)

I don't want TP.... I want final vetsion of GDR2 like L640 has.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't want TP.... I want final vetsion of GDR2 like L640 has.

I had downloaded GDR2 on my 730 yesterday. I think you can give it a shot after enrolling to Windows Insider. First, uncheck the "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" option before "Checking for updates" after enrolling to Windows Insider. This will help you to check the update version before downloading it by giving you as "Show Details" link. If the update shows build version# 8.10.15116.125, then go for update. If it shows something else (don't recall the exact W10 build version though), then don't proceed with it. You can skip this install by deleting Windows Insider app.

If you see the build # 8.10.15116.125 and go for update, then make sure to delete Window Insider app as the first thing once update gets installed. This way you can skip the further notification of W10 build to be installed and your phone will show as up to date.

Those tricks work for me. Again, you need to decide if you want to go for it :)

T_Luck_Sharma

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I had downloaded GDR2 on my 730 yesterday. I think you can give it a shot after enrolling to Windows Insider. First, uncheck the "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" option before "Checking for updates" after enrolling to Windows Insider. This will help you to check the update version before downloading it by giving you as "Show Details" link. If the update shows build version# 8.10.15116.125, then go for update. If it shows something else (don't recall the exact W10 build version though), then don't proceed with it. You can skip this install by deleting Windows Insider app.

If you see the build # 8.10.15116.125 and go for update, then make sure to delete Window Insider app as the first thing once update gets installed. This way you can skip the further notification of W10 build to be installed and your phone will show as up to date.

Those tricks work for me. Again, you need to decide if you want to go for it :)

Thanx for the advice, but i want the official GDR2 update, not from insider program.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There was once a rumor that "old" devices (any device before w10 mobiles) would no longer receive GDR2, but since the 930 and some other phones have received it, this rumor seems to have been debunked. However it's apparent that MS never intended for this many phones to receive GDR2, which is why they launched an investigation after it became known that you could get that update..

It seems to me that the only way to get GDR2 would be via w10, whether or not it will be available officially for phones before the 930, I don't know. It is obvious that all/most phones can handle it (I guess this is the same as the lumia cam 5.0 and living images fiasco; phones can mostly support them, but they are being kept for other devices)

T_Luck_Sharma

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
There was once a rumor that "old" devices (any device before w10 mobiles) would no longer receive GDR2, but since the 930 and some other phones have received it, this rumor seems to have been debunked. However it's apparent that MS never intended for this many phones to receive GDR2, which is why they launched an investigation after it became known that you could get that update..

It seems to me that the only way to get GDR2 would be via w10, whether or not it will be available officially for phones before the 930, I don't know. It is obvious that all/most phones can handle it (I guess this is the same as the lumia cam 5.0 and living images fiasco; phones can mostly support them, but they are being kept for other devices)

Hope for the Best!!!
Peace :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05