How to delete others in memory card, in storage check they are saying to connect to PC and delete, but I couldn't find anything such in PC. I am running out of space and nearly two GB is others
    04-20-2015 11:45 AM
    How to delete others in memory card, in storage check they are saying to connect to PC and delete, but I couldn't find anything such in PC. I am running out of space and nearly two GB is others
    In your Storage Sense app, go to your Temporary files and tap on "Delete" - deleting the temporary files also deletes some of the files in the Other's storage.

Side note: When I acquired a new SD Card and transferred photos (1.4GB) to it, at first Storage Sense said my SD Card only had 435MB of photos but the Others was around 3GB. A few moments later, Storage Sense was able to detect all the photos so now it says around 2GB for the photos, and then the Others storage became around 1.5GB. This means that some of the files that were not yet recognized are categorized under "Others", but once the phone recognizes them (if they are recognizable file formats) your phone will indicate the correct memory allocation.
    04-20-2015 12:57 PM
    I have found that plugging the phone into USB on your computer and using the Windows Phone App for Desktop will help index your card better and sort things into the categories they belong in.

A lot of that "Other" may be things you want.

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/h...pp-for-desktop

While you are connected and after the WPAfDesktop reads your phone and card (and you want to click on storage and click each category [internal/SD] and let the program finish reading each storage area)... Once that is done, open File Browser and offload some things to your PC with cut/paste... Things like really old photos/videos, documents you no longer need on the phone, that movie you never watch anymore, etc.
    Mohd Fadil A likes this.
    04-20-2015 03:53 PM
    In your Storage Sense app, go to your Temporary files and tap on "Delete" - deleting the temporary files also deletes some of the files in the Other's storage ...
    What he said ^^^ and you can do it multiple times, each time reducing other further.
    It actually works very well & with persistence you can get it to 0.
    gpobernardo and Mohd Fadil A like this.
    04-20-2015 06:19 PM
    Temporary files shows zero for me in storage sense
    04-21-2015 01:01 AM
    Temporary files shows zero for me in storage sense
    Just tap on "delete" even if is says "0" in the Temporary Files. Our objective is not to clear up the Temporary Files section but rather the Others storage, and "deleting" the temporary files also clears up some of Others storage.
    Mohd Fadil A likes this.
    04-21-2015 03:21 AM