Factory Reset??

dans95tbird

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I used the button sequence to perform a factory reset of my HTC One M8 windows phone, now its at a screen with a lightning bolt and a gear, does this mean its resetting?

Paulino Rdz

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I had that screen with the lighting and bolt but I had first a blue screen where say "(0 completed under say: if you want to know more...Session initialization failed...and stay that way, after make a reset again again i had the same you described and I let a day by and nothing so I tried reset again pushing the on botton and the volumen and again the blue screen come agaon I am frustrated I hope you find a solution I think we are in the same problem..

Paulino Rdz

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
So lets try this and see if it helps.

Hard Reset using buttons:
Press and hold the Camera + Volume Down + Power until the phone vibrates. Then release the Power key and keep pressing the Camera + Volume Down for a few seconds.

This not work for me I think I had more trouble because after doing this come a with screen with some description and under say NOT ANY SOURCE FILE FOLDER and stay like that..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Lightning Bolt and Gear is not resetting. It happens when you hold Volume Up during boot. It is flashing mode.

Hold the Power button until the phone vibrates > release Power and hold Volume Down > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down

Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down

You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro