HTC Windows 8S pale blue screen (of death?)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Last night, I felt my HTC Windows 8S phone vibrate in my pocket, took it out, and was greeted by it turning on (It occasionally turns off in my pocket), only to then go to an all blue screen. There's no message or ":(", just blue. When plugged in to the charger, it stay like this, then turns off, and immediately goes through the same process, of showing the HTC logo, followed by this blue screen. I've tried holding down the volume down button, which sometimes results in the exclamation mark, however I can't seem to do anything from there. Does anyone know of a fix? I have some photographs on the camera role which I need for a university assignment, so I'd like to keep those.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Last night, I felt my HTC Windows 8S phone vibrate in my pocket, took it out, and was greeted by it turning on (It occasionally turns off in my pocket), only to then go to an all blue screen. There's no message or ":(", just blue. When plugged in to the charger, it stay like this, then turns off, and immediately goes through the same process, of showing the HTC logo, followed by this blue screen. I've tried holding down the volume down button, which sometimes results in the exclamation mark, however I can't seem to do anything from there. Does anyone know of a fix? I have some photographs on the camera role which I need for a university assignment, so I'd like to keep those.

are the photographs in the phone memory?if yes check your onedrive to see whether they are saved.If they are in the sd card or backed up on onedrive,try this
Press and hold the Volume down Volume down button and PowerPower button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down Volume down button button until you see a large exclamation mark.

Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up Volume up button, Volume down Volume down button, Power Power button, Volume down Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central.

If your photos have been set to be saved in your SD Card, then simply connect your SD Card to your PC and copy the photos into your PC.

If they are backed up in your OneDrive account, you should be able to easily access them through a web browser in your PC.

If your photos are not in your OneDrive account nor in your SD Card, then you may need to take your phone to a service center and have them recover the files for you.

Try these three first before doing anything else with your phone, since there's a chance that a hard reset might be performed and the data in the SD Card (including your photos) will be lost.

You may need to create a Windows Central account to respond to this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss