04-27-2015 05:56 PM
32 12
tools
    The thing central to choosing a windows phone for tmobile is the find what the band type is critical to you versus the cost of the device. I've used a Euro version that does not have LTE, and I've used a Latin America model that does have LTE. The euro version had very capable speeds (stream Netflix and other videos), but the thing is, I'm paying for LTE, so why not buy an LTE phone? I go back and forth on this one quite a bit, especially, when considering a lumia 930, since that's as cheap as a LTE lumia 830(and the euro 830 is sub 300!), but with much better spec's.

the best thing to know about T-Mobile right now is they are about to turn on (or have turned on) LTE band 12, which uses the 700mhz spectrum. why this is a pretty big deal is it will allow you to get better cell reception in a building over the current 1700 MHz spectrum. The lumia 640 will support this band, and as far as I know, no other current windows phones will.

but, if you feel the speeds you get not on LTE are plenty capable, I'd go for a euro-830 for $250
    Last edited by rory753; 04-27-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: revised for clarity
    RumoredNow and rell0614 like this.
    04-27-2015 01:53 PM
    Lumia 830 and get RM-985 if possible. Lumia 810 and you can get 8.1 installed via PfD
    04-27-2015 04:35 PM
    ATT unlocks phones for non ATT customers for free and pretty hassle free.

I've unlocked 4 this year. 520x2, 635 and 830. Only one of the 520s got rejected and I simply resubmitted and it came through.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/t/3...t-edition.html
    You're dreaming...I think...ATT own policy says they will not unlock a phone locked to another carrier and surely not someone off the streets who will go to another carrier. Maybe if he has an ATT locked phone, but no carrier will unlock say an 830 locked to Rogers
    04-27-2015 05:24 PM
    You're dreaming...I think...ATT own policy says they will not unlock a phone locked to another carrier and surely not someone off the streets who will go to another carrier. Maybe if he has an ATT locked phone, but no carrier will unlock say an 830 locked to Rogers
    Sorry if you misunderstood that the phones are ATT, but the customer need not be.

Of course no carrier unlocks another carrier's phones. I thought everyone understood that I was referring to the post directly above.
    04-27-2015 05:38 PM
    Sorry if you misunderstood that the phones are ATT, but the customer need not be.

Of course no carrier unlocks another carrier's phones. I thought everyone understood that I was referring to the post directly above.
    No I didn't that's what "quote" is for or one of these ^ but you're a new member so I guess you didn't know

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers
    Youve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests
    The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
    It must not be reported lost or stolen.
    Its not associated with fraudulent activity.
    All the devices service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
    The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customers account.
    If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyers remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Note: AT&T cannot unlock devices from other wireless carriers.
    04-27-2015 05:49 PM
    Exactly the boilerplate showing in the link I provided... And if anyone (^) has any doubts, this post is in reference to the one immediately preceding.
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    04-27-2015 05:52 PM
    ^ links don't work at least 40% of the time here, so I just copy the copy
    04-27-2015 05:56 PM
32 12