Why can't my photo app find my pictures?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: the photo app cannot find my pictures

Welcome to Windows Central.

I have encountered the same problem, but we may need more details so that we'll know if we have exactly the same cause.

Does your phone have an SD Card and are the photos in that card? Did you just take the photos or did you transfer the photos from a PC directly to the card before inserting it into your phone?

You may need to create a Windows Central account in order to respond to this thread.

JULIO INGE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Now I'm officially a newbie on this forum and author of the original (Guest) post.
I got too smart for my breeches, connected the Lumia 635 to my PC and move all the pics in 'Camera roll' over to the newly installed SD Card, then I moved them back to their original Phone folder and, the problem started with the photo app unable to find the pics. I need to fix this a.s.a.p because I'm in serious trouble with my wife.
Please & thank you,

JC :grincry:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Ah, then we've got the same cause. This is what solved my problem:
1. Using the Microsoft Files App in your phone, navigate to the location of the folder where your "missing" photos are in. In your case, it should be SD Card/Pictures/Camera Roll.
2. Rename the folder of concern into anything, e.g. "Camera Roll X".
3. Restore the original name of the folder, so from "Camera Roll X" back to "Camera Roll".
4. Head over to the Photo Hub in your phone, you should see either an "Updating" status at the top of the screen or the folder itself with the photos in it.

In my case, I had several folders of photos that were entirely missing. So I had to rename and restore each of them so that they would all appear in my Photo Hub.

Let us know if this works for you.

JULIO INGE

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply, my photo hub still showing this message "Can't get picture. You can try again later" but...it shows the picture with that message superimposed on the picture; weird, really weird.

JC :smile:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

That's strange, haven't encountered that yet. Could you upload a screen shot of it?

Or, you could try restarting your phone and see if that remedies the problem. You may try restarting your phone even before uploading the screen shot; if the problem was remedied by the restart procedure, then no need for the screen shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo