Email attachment in windows phone 8.1

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Any email with attachment(pdf doc or even jpg) on Lumia 630 dual sim (windows phone 8.1) on downloading does not save to files.i can open attachment but if that mail is deleted,the file is gone.is there any way to save files to local folders.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Any email with attachment(pdf doc or even jpg) on Lumia 630 dual sim (windows phone 8.1) on downloading does not save to files.i can open attachment but if that mail is deleted,the file is gone.is there any way to save files to local folders.

You can attach photos from your folders, even jpg directly from the email app.

For word document you use share feature from Office Mobile and email using your outlook account.

Windows 10 Phone already has the feature for attaching any file to the email.

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Not about attaching any file.I want to save attached files of mail in mobile local storage.so that even after deleting mail,that file can be used.just download any attachment from native email app and delete the email,then u will not find your files.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Not about attaching any file.I want to save attached files of mail in mobile local storage.so that even after deleting mail,that file can be used.just download any attachment from native email app and delete the email,then u will not find your files.

The feature for saving to local folders is also available on WP10. However I have tested what you had mentioned.
1) Sent a photo as jpg to myself from a pc and downloaded the pic to my phone. Deleted the email and the photo was still in my saved files folder
2) Sent a pdf file to myself from a pc and downloaded it and opened with pdf reader. Deleted the email and the pdf was still available in pdf reader.
3) Sent a doc file to myself and downloaded it. Opened in office mobile and select "Save as" and save to phone or SD Card. Deleted the email and the file was still in office mobile.

Hope this helps.

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I use adobe reader.and it saves the pdf file even after u delete the file from local files.but that file cannot be shared.it is listed on recent document list that i hav opend.it may be in the adobe memory(app memory).searching in files application also not shows that particular file downloaded from attachment.try it for pdf after deleting mail.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The only way I have found to actually save a pdf from an email is to do the following...

1. Go to outlook.com using internet explorer on your phone.
2. Find your email and tap on the attachment.
3. Select "download" and then "save"
4. Look in your "downloads" folder on your phone using the Files app to find your PDF.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb