I have a 640 DS and I have noticed that it has at least 2 possibly 3 updates since 2 weeks. What are these updates for?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a 640 DS and I have noticed that it has at least 2 possibly 3 updates since 2 weeks. What are these updates for?

Since buying the phone about 10 days ago at least twice it has rebooted and gone through software update procedure. I have not noticed any changes since but I might have just not noticed. Anyone know what these SW updates are for?

Mike

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have a 640 DS and I have noticed that it has at least 2 possibly 3 updates since 2 weeks.

Check :
SETTINGS >> ABOUT for your version (Windows Phone 8.1 UPDATE / Update 2, etc)
SETTINGS >> Extras + Info for Firmware (Lumia Cyan, Denim, etc)

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information provided, unfortunately I did not note the detailed version numbers before the updates started coming. It was delivered of course with Denim Win 8.1 (Update 2) and it might well be that there have been some small language related additions that I did not notice as the hardware/software are very recent. In some cases it does not feel like a major update as I see it closing down with an almost immediate restart. I think that there were 2 software reloads with the cog wheel turning while the other cases were just restarts for no obvious reason. So far it has not caused me any other problems however. Current firmware revision is 02166.00000.15103.05002, the OS version is 8.10.15127.138

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just did it again, the phone was switched on but not in use on my desk, I heard/felt the vibrator and then see the Microsoft flash on the screen and the phone restarted itself rapidly without any intervention from myself. Anybody got any ideas?

Mike

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Almost the same versions here, though I dont have the DS version...

Windows 8.1 Update 2
OS Version: 8.10.15127.138
Firmware: 02166.00000.15103.05001

I cant recall when the last update appeared but it wasnt recent.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF you want to control (or see) what's downloaded ...

go to SETTINGS >> Phone Update >> and uncheck 'Automatically download ...'

IF that's what's causing the reboot.

Mike Bowman

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It's not updates as I unchecked "automatically download" but the phone just did a restart this morning. It is not terribly annoying as it is a very quick restart .but I would like to know what is causing it.I am going to do a hard restart by removing the battery to see whether this clears something. Will update if there is any change in the situation.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss