Hey! I've downloaded Nextgen Reader a couple of days ago in App Deals. I got it for free which is otherwise a paid app. I was wondering what happens if I update it? Will I lose the app because I haven't paid for it? Thanks!
    05-05-2015 11:33 AM
    Haha no if it was free and you got it then the system will recognize your account as the one who purchased it :) however there have been cases where the system failed to recognize the account; a quick mail to the dev explaining the situation should resolve this..

All in all go for the update :)
    NanduRavi likes this.
    05-05-2015 11:42 AM
    Well I just had that issue with mytube. It requests a payment now but i got it for free awhile back. I'll try and contact the dev
    05-05-2015 12:04 PM
    Same problem with phototag (MyAppFree) but can not update it. So basically it should stay free but glitches happen.
    ven07 likes this.
    05-05-2015 12:19 PM
    Try finding the app in the store and hit the buy/install button... It should do one of 2 things...

A) recognize you already purchased the app and let you install the "paid" version again (without having to pay) if the app still reacts like you haven't purchased it, contract the developer,

B) show a confirmation that you want to buy the app... If this is the case, for some reason the MS app store thinks you didn't previously buy it. You might check with MS rather than the developer as this would be more of an issue on their end.
    ven07 likes this.
    05-05-2015 05:01 PM
    Try finding the app in the store and hit the buy/install button... It should do one of 2 things...

A) recognize you already purchased the app and let you install the "paid" version again (without having to pay) if the app still reacts like you haven't purchased it, contract the developer,

B) show a confirmation that you want to buy the app... If this is the case, for some reason the MS app store thinks you didn't previously buy it. You might check with MS rather than the developer as this would be more of an issue on their end.
    I agree with sinime
    ven07 likes this.
    05-06-2015 09:23 AM
    Dev fixed my app
    xandros9 and ven07 like this.
    05-08-2015 03:22 AM
    App that I bought doesn't even let me download the paid one any more, I have send an email twice the the developer and no replies. Metro mail.
    05-08-2015 03:25 AM
    App that I bought doesn't even let me download the paid one any more, I have send an email twice the the developer and no replies. Metro mail.
    Not all devs reply.. unfortunately
    05-08-2015 04:25 PM
    Not all devs reply.. unfortunately

Yeah, I wont have sent any messages if the app works. He should really do something about this.
    ven07 likes this.
    05-12-2015 04:01 PM
    Yeah, I wont have sent any messages if the app works. He should really do something about this.
    Well you could report the app to MS, but that won't work unless there are a number of complaints logged already
    05-13-2015 08:36 AM