Whatsapp album is missing

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I just reset my sd card, when i put everything back, whatsapp album is shown in photos. But after a while, it is missing. It is still there in file manager but it doesnt show up in photos.
Any help?

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I see, guess you've already tried saving a contacts profile picture?

How odd... never seen this happen before, what else have you tried?

I just tried it but it didnt show any result. The photo is there in file manager, but it doesnt show up in photos.
The other thing i have trued: I have 10 albums in photos (including whatsapp) i thought there were too many albums so i deleted one of them but whatsapp album still doesnt show up.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it but it didnt show any result. The photo is there in file manager, but it doesnt show up in photos.
The other thing i have trued: I have 10 albums in photos (including whatsapp) i thought there were too many albums so i deleted one of them but whatsapp album still doesnt show up.

Try this,
1) Plug your phone into a PC / laptop via USB

2) Create a new folder (desktop would probably quicker [if it isn't cluttered :p]) where ever you wish & call backup (or whatever you want),

3) Close the sync client if you have it installed, navigate to "mycomputer" / "this pc" / "computer", click on the windows phone icon and the again on the "Phone" hard drive icon.

2.jpg

Edit: here you will also see your micro sd card, (I have a Lumia 920 hence no card slot shown).

4) Select all folders via CTRL + A (all the folders will become highlighted as below), Copy via CTRL + C and minimise the phone window

3.jpg

Edit: You can only access these specific folders and any that you create. Therefore you cannot delete your app or game data as they are saved elsewhere on the phone.

5) Open up the newly created backup folder (in full screen thus making sure it is the active window) and press CTRL + V

6) Once the transfer is completed, check the properties of the newly back folder via properties option in the right click context menu (Right Click then Left Click properties)

7) Open up the minimised phone window and CTRL+A, on a highlighted folder right click for the context menu and once the properties dialogue box is loaded up. Cross reference this with properties of the back up folder and once you are satisfied everything has been transferred. Go to the next step

8) Maximise the phone window and delete everything. [Make sure the address bar says something like this Computer\Windows Phone {or phone name}\ Phone]

9) Safely remove your phone via "safely remove hardware"

10) Go to whatsapp, save a picture and check your photo hub.

Let us know if that works :).

Last edited:

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
3) Close the sync client if you have it installed, navigate to "mycomputer" / "this pc" / "computer", click on the windows phone icon and the again on the "Phone" hard drive icon.

8) Maximise the phone window and delete everything.

Ok ill try it later but ive got questions:
Phone hard drive icon? im saving whatsapp pictures in sd card
Delete everything in phone hard drive? will it give impact to apps+games data?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok ill try it later but ive got questions:
Phone hard drive icon? im saving whatsapp pictures in sd card
Delete everything in phone hard drive? will it give impact to apps+games data?

1) I've added a screenshot of what i was referring to the "phone hard drive icon

2) Ahh right, do you have dupelicate whatsapp albums?

You may need to repeat the process of your micro sd card as well.

3) Nope, your apps & games are not impacted. Currently when you plug in your phone to the PC you have access to a specific set folders which auto regenerate and any you create - these do not auto regenerate (see previous post for screenshot).

Last edited:

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
1) I've added a screenshot of what i was referring to the "phone hard drive icon

2) Ahh right, do you have dupelicate whatsapp albums?

You may need to repeat the process of your micro sd card as well.

3) Nope, your apps & games are not impacted. Currently when you plug in your phone to the PC you have access to a specific set folders which auto regenerate and any you create - these do not auto regenerate (see previous post for screenshot).

I still dont get it, whatsapp pictures are automatically saved in sd card, so why do i have to delete phone hard drive? What is the correlation between them?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I still dont get it, whatsapp pictures are automatically saved in sd card, so why do i have to delete phone hard drive? What is the correlation between them?

There could be a clash, however you could just try the msd card first entirely upto you.

Providing you have followed all the steps - you wouldn't lose anything.

As I said it is upto you if you wish to go ahead :), beyond that there is not much else you could other than going the drastic route of either a hard reset or reflashing the rom via the lumia recovery tool (both methods are which would wipe everything out including apps, saved games, photos etc). If you do elect to go down that road, take out the msd card first and use the usb cable supplied with the phone (if it isn't glued to the phone) to avoid any corruption or issues.

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
There could be a clash, however you could just try the msd card first entirely upto you.

Providing you have followed all the steps - you wouldn't lose anything.

As I said it is upto you if you wish to go ahead :), beyond that there is not much else you could other than going the drastic route of either a hard reset or reflashing the rom via the lumia recovery tool (both methods are which would wipe everything out including apps, saved games, photos etc). If you do elect to go down that road, take out the msd card first and use the usb cable supplied with the phone (if it isn't glued to the phone) to avoid any corruption or issues.

But first let me tell you a story

My xbox music was gone, it just gone after it failed downloading the update. I asked about it in microsoft forum and they told me to hard reset my phone, and i did what they said.

When i hard reset my phone, some apps were still in my sd card. After getting the back up done, those apps were installed in phone memory. But there were about 2gb in others storage in sd card. I asked about it in microsoft and wc forum and they recommended me to reset my sd card so i did it.

When i put everything back in sd card, they went to others. (but now they are under music, pictures, etc)

And then after a while, whatsapp album is missing. I have tried some ways to get it back but it failed.

Quite a story, huh?

Do you want to know the best part?

Now whatsapp album is shown again out of nowhere. Im happy about it but im also sad because i have been bothering you too much :((

You helped me as best as you can but i didnt give any response, i havent even tried the steps you gave above (so sorry).

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kindness.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha, don't worry about it :).

Good to hear your whatsapp album has shown up again, as a precaution make sure you back everything up on your pc and get a fresh msd card just in case as what you said doesn't really sound good at all (sounds like the your msd card is on it's last legs :( ).

hyux

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Haha, don't worry about it :).

Good to hear your whatsapp album has shown up again, as a precaution make sure you back everything up on your pc and get a fresh msd card just in case as what you said doesn't really sound good at all (sounds like the your msd card is on it's last legs :( ).

Yea probably ill do it later in the future.....
Still, thank you so much :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven