How do I set a separate ringtone for people not in my list?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Separate ringtone for people not in my list

Is there a way to play different ringtone when receiving a call from somebody who's not in my contact list?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Separate ringtone for people not in my list

Technically, you're thinking about it the wrong way. You can set the default ringer, which in your case would be the ringtone for people not in your contact list. Then, you can use set a custom ringtone for each person in your contact list that will call you.

duginov

May 8, 2015
Visit site

Wrong way???
I have 100+ people with phone numbers in my phone.
Do you really suggest that I go through all of them and set distinctive ringtone?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

If I understand this, you want one ringtone for phone and everyone not on your list and have one (different ringtone) for everyone in your contact list. I don't think there is a way to do this (just by a couple of settings). Only way I know is what jmshub suggested. What you would need to do is set a custom ringtone (same ringtone for all) for everyone in your list. So when someone in your list calls, they got the custom ringtone. When someone who's not on your list the phone will ring the default ringtone. And yes you would have to set that custom ringtone to everyone in your contact list ...... one ---- by ----- one .... would get tiring I understand. :) ........ dang I got tired of typing lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos