Lumia 1520, Display Flex

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Refurbished Lumia 1520, and was wondering if anyone had ripples on their screen when they pressed along the edges of their device.

Additionally, the sim/memory card slots have a bit of play, and the speaker grille has a circle opening in the right corner.

Was wondering if these are all normal, especially the display flexing. My L925 does not make any ripples when I press along corners haha

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Refurbished Lumia 1520, and was wondering if anyone had ripples on their screen when they pressed along the edges of their device.

Additionally, the sim/memory card slots have a bit of play, and the speaker grille has a circle opening in the right corner.

Was wondering if these are all normal, especially the display flexing. My L925 does not make any ripples when I press along corners haha

Ripples no.

A bit of play on the tray covers... Yes, but when I got some after market ones (I wanted black trays on my yellow body) that firmed them up.

Sounds like a cople of the speaker grill holes got combined? Like the material in between has been broken out.

Hope you got a good deal.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ripples no.

A bit of play on the tray covers... Yes, but when I got some after market ones (I wanted black trays on my yellow body) that firmed them up.

Sounds like a cople of the speaker grill holes got combined? Like the material in between has been broken out.

Hope you got a good deal.

Thanks, the phone was $213 altogether. Jumped for it when I saw AT&T unlocking services had dropped significantly in cost ($1.30 on eBay).
Phone looks brand new, only giveaways are the slightly chewed up sim/memory card holes.

I apologize, meant the handset speaker (I thought the mesh grille was torn, however I have seen photos that prove otherwise).

Problems so far:
  1. Pressing around three times as hard as I normally would on the glass (edges/corners) causes ripples on the display.
  2. Accelerometer goes wonky after opening Lumia Camera. (Reboot fixes)
  3. Rear speaker makes popping noises when audio controller goes into suspend mode. Exactly like the Intel HDA issue on Linux... (Reboot temporarily fixes)

Wanted to confirm that item 1. is normal, as I have seen many complaints on the forums regarding this. Could be a common defect, or I the glass could have been improperly seated. Afraid of the latter really haha, would be terrible if the LCD was flexing without me knowing it during normal operation. Would end up with bright spots down the road EDIT: Noticed bright spot complaints as well

Assuming items 2. and 3. can be fixed by flashing device as they appear to be software related.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
O... K...

I've never pressed on my display at 3x pressure. I'm not sure why anyone would... Especially repeatedly and on purpose. Yes it is a large panel of glass and it will flex if you try and flex it. Yes flexing it can cause issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion