Lost the sound in my L520

goutam varma

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly I am not getting sound in my L520. Is there any possibility of getting the sound by hard reset or is it due to hardware fault. How can I confirm it

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Most software-level glitches can be resolved either by restarting your phone or by performing a soft reset. If the software-level glitch is more than minor, then a hard-reset may work. If the software-level error is severe (corruption), then the Lumia Software Recovery Tool might work.

However, none of these methods will work if the glitch is at the hardware-level.

There once was a way to enable the diagnostics tool/app native to the phone by pressing ##634#, but that doesn't seem to work now after recent OS updates. The Diagnostics App of Microsoft is also no longer published.

You may use the Signal Generator App to test the speakers of your phone. If you want to test the earpiece, try simply dialing any invalid number and see if you hear something like "The number you dialed is incorrect" through the earpiece.

Then, use your headset and try generating any sound or calling any number. If you hear something in your headset, then the problem (either with your phone speakers or with the earpiece, depending on which one you tested) might be hardware-level already. Hardware-level defects can only be resolved by having it repaired in a service center.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you put an iOS compatible headset into the headphone jack it may have borked the disconnect recognition and the aforementioned Soft Reset will fix it. If this is the case, move off the iPhones (Pun intended) and get a generic headset. The IPhone takes a different wiring combination from the rest of the world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo