Why have two phone apps installed after rolling back from W10 back to Windows Phone 8.1?

Oalva012

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Two phone apps after rolling back from W10 back to Windows Phone 8.1

I realized that I need OneNote every day so I rolled my Lumia 920 back to 8.1. This isn't causing any real problems that I have seen, but since doing that, two Phone Apps have shown up in my app list. Does anybody else have the same happening on theirs or know of a fix? Thank you in advance

StupidBrownBear

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
re:

I was searching the web for this bug and all I found was this thread. I have the same problem. I used a spare Lumia 520 for playing with Win10M and after updating to the last build (Build 10149) a couple of days ago the phone and people app stopped working (didn't find much for this problem either). So I decided to restore it with help of windows recovery program. Said and done, but now I have two phone apps in my app list. After updating to denim the lower one lost its icon but the entry is still there.

anon8773316

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi,

I had the same problem, but I could fix it with a hard reset without restoring my stuff. I don't know if the "not-restoring" part is really necessary, but you can try both ways (restoring or not). I lost my savegames on e.g. on Monument Valley, but at least it still restored my messages :)

Good luck!

gtosun

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Two phone apps after rolling back from W10 back to Windows Phone 8.1

hi to all. i have lumia 1320 stucked with w10 and thought it is good idea to rolling back 8.1 however i launched Windows Phone Recovery Tool and started process.For the first time everything was cool, it says your w 8.1 will be restored please wait. After completed to download now i have an error says " windows is not recognized your phone" please choose one on the list, i found lumia 1320 and hit it. next step was downloading of emergency packet 4.5mb. again not found. after i found lumia software tool and checked not even found my device and not on the suggestion list either. Guys im stacked with my phone and i have none other phone.Is any of you has any idea?

Thanks in advance

anon8773316

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Hi!

So you used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool too, and it doesn't work? One of my friends couldn't roll back to 8.1 when he used the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, but the LSRT did the trick.

Maybe a softreset of your phone will will help. (Press volume down + power button until your phone restarts)

You can also check the device manager on your PC to make sure that your computer recognizes your phone. Have you both Recovery Tools installed? Maybe they don't work good along each other?

This is just a guess. I hope it will help you!

If you find a way, please post your solution to help others :)

Oalva012

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, I'm sorry I didn't realize that someone had posted on this. The two Phone apps problem was fixed. I don't know if this made a difference but whenever I do any kind of reset or upgrade (I'm back on W10 build 10166) I take out the sim card for the process and I haven't run into any further trouble.

Gtoson, I don't know if you already knew this but there are two Recovery Tool apps. The newest one is Windows Phone Rec Tool, last time i used it that was the only one that I believe had that button to press if your phone isn't recognized. Try using that tool or a different cable or a different USB port if possible. My husband's 1520 isn't recognized by all cables, maybe you're going through something similar.

I hope that helps someone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett