Key or passphrase is incorrect when I type the correct password

epiczacktime

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Recently I having trouble with my Windows 7! I used to have a router that let's just say the Internet stopped a lot so all I need to do is just unplug it for 1 min then replug it and it works fine! But then one day it stopped working for good..so the next day someone that worked with Rogers came over and gave us a new router and Internet. but here is the problem > ever since I got the new router (The ladybug router) all my devices and well yah,everything connected fine to the Internet,except one device,my Windows 7! I always type the Internet password right and it always says "The key or passphrase is incorrect" and I really need help with this! It has been going on for, let's see here, ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1431376797.227233.jpgMORE THEN A WEEK NOW!what's important was the problem! Please help me! It would mean a lot to me if your ideas work! PC: Windows 7 Router: Rogers- Ladybug Router

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Some tips I find useful:
Fire up Notepad, type in the passphrase, check it looks correct, copy it and paste it into the Enter Security Key dialog.
Watch for NUM LOCK and CAPS LOCK being on/off.
Use the main number keys, not the numeric keypad.
Make sure the keyboard layout is correct as some keys may not be what you think they are e.g. SHIFT+2 on a EN-UK keyboard is different from SHIFT+2 on a EN-US one.
If your router has a WPS button, press that for a second or so, then try reconnecting.​

epiczacktime

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Some tips I find useful:
Fire up Notepad, type in the passphrase, check it looks correct, copy it and paste it into the Enter Security Key dialog.
Watch for NUM LOCK and CAPS LOCK being on/off.
Use the main number keys, not the numeric keypad.
Make sure the keyboard layout is correct as some keys may not be what you think they are e.g. SHIFT+2 on a EN-UK keyboard is different from SHIFT+2 on a EN-US one.
If your router has a WPS button, press that for a second or so, then try reconnecting.​

Ok I will try some of these :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon