Is there going to be a HSBC app in thr uk?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I asked HSBC they said they only support the major platforms, but yet they still have an app for Blackberry.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yet First Direct, who are part of HSBC, have an app on WP. If HSBC don't want me to use my phone for online banking then I'll just switch to one that does i.e. Barclays.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
People have been asking for a HSBC app for years. Look at Santander, another glaring omission. Some people may be able to change banks so readily but for others that's not san option: HSBC have some of the best trust and wealth management facilities in the business. Easier to just buy a phone on an os you can stomach and keep wp in reserve. Perhaps they'll make something for wp10. No guarantee.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
People have been asking for a HSBC app for years. Look at Santander, another glaring omission. Some people may be able to change banks so readily but for others that's not san option: HSBC have some of the best trust and wealth management facilities in the business. Easier to just buy a phone on an os you can stomach and keep wp in reserve. Perhaps they'll make something for wp10. No guarantee.

HSBC basically stated there was an app coming but it never appeared and I won't be dictated to by my bank as to which platform my phone has to use to have a app for mobile banking. It's also cheaper to move banks than fork out another ?300-?400 for another phone just to use one app. Not every one is rich enough to have a spare ?300-?400 lying around.

I also find it ironic that BB10 has a native HSBC Mobile Banking app yet it's NOT a major platform. WP on the other hand, being the 3rd place mobile platform, firmly putting it as a major platform, doesn't have an HSBC Mobile Banking app at all.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
HSBC basically stated there was an app coming but it never appeared and I won't be dictated to by my bank as to which platform my phone has to use to have a app for mobile banking. It's also cheaper to move banks than fork out another ?300-?400 for another phone just to use one app. Not every one is rich enough to have a spare ?300-?400 lying around.

I also find it ironic that BB10 has a native HSBC Mobile Banking app yet it's NOT a major platform. WP on the other hand, being the 3rd place mobile platform, firmly putting it as a major platform, doesn't have an HSBC Mobile Banking app at all.

It's an Android app, not native.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte