Surface 3 with windows 10?

shayanr

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've saved some money for buying surface and I'm a huge fan of it. As it ain't available in Pakistan I'll be shipping it from america through my cousin. I wanna know will it work properly here or will it have some issues here in pakistan? And one thing more when I upgrade it to windows 10 for free sometime in September will it be free for ever or will it charge after one year of "free trial"? I don't have any master card or anything it would be a problem for me to buy it. Please answer briefly thanks.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You should have no issues with the Surface 3 being used in Pakistan. It's no different than using a laptop from a different country.

Far as we know you'll get W10 for free. Whether W10 turns into a subscription later on is anyone's guess.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I will try to make it more clear. If you install W10 within a year of release it will be free to install (and use as long as you want) If you install it after one year you need to pay to install it.
There is NO indication at all that there will be a users fee after you install it. And IF MS would change their mind and introduce a users fee hell will be break out and they also know this so don't worry it will stay free.

And if you installed it within 1 year (so for free) but after 2 year your device crashes you still can reinstall it for free again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos