Why does my phone keep coming back not repaired?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have sent back my lumia phone 2 times under warranty the first time it came back and still had the same fault no one could hear me when I made or answered calls. I phone the support centre and they said the phone had been replaced I said it must be the same phone as it has the same fault and familiar scratches on it. I was asked to send it back again as I had already done all the resets etc. I rebooked the repair. Now I have checked on it's progress it says no fault found and it is being sent I assume with the same problem. I have phoned the support again and they say only the repair people can assess it and I will either have to take to a repair shop 2 hours drive away or send it for repair again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: my phone keeps coming back not repaired

Have you tried contacting Microsoft with your issue? Best to go through your country site.

Just so you know, this is a user site, not Microsoft.

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

i remember when Nokia was still manufacturing devices, if the service was bad, we used to send an email to Stephen.elop@nokia.com (not sure of the ID) and most of the time problems used to get resolved after this.. any ideas if a similar special ID exists now that its under MS ??

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

i remember when Nokia was still manufacturing devices, if the service was bad, we used to send an email to Stephen.elop@nokia.com (not sure of the ID) and most of the time problems used to get resolved after this.. any ideas if a similar special ID exists now that its under MS ??

Unfortunately, that email is no longer active (probably too many users asking him for help and more often than not providing a viable solution which may have increased costs). The care centers can also often only be authorized and not actually owned by Microsoft. I sent my phone in on Apr 3rd this year and guess what? They only ordered the parts on the 27th of Apr, which seems unreasonable to me, a whole month to check whats wrong and what needs to be done? I finally got it back on the 8th and the camera had dust inside and they lost a tiny part from my sim card holder. Went back today to get it settled. Their attitude actually isn't the best. They even said nothing like that is on the sim holder but i insisted because i know. As for how to get help, unfortunately i do not know. Perhaps start a chat online through their website and tell them about the situation, or call them again and ask for someone higher up the chain.

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

well obviously that ID is no longer valid as Stephen ELop is incharge of devices at MS so there is no point in mailing to an @nokia ID.... I had several issues with my 920.. the replacements never worked.... on mailing the above ID, I got a 925 as a replacement and its has been running for almost 2 years without any issues...

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

well obviously that ID is no longer valid as Stephen ELop is incharge of devices at MS so there is no point in mailing to an @nokia ID.... I had several issues with my 920.. the replacements never worked.... on mailing the above ID, I got a 925 as a replacement and its has been running for almost 2 years without any issues...

Wow they gave you an upgrade huh? Sounds nice😊

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

yup I was lucky and that incident gave me bragging rights as none of my friends on Android managed to get such a deal :D 2 of them swithched over to Windows just because of after sales support :D

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

yup I was lucky and that incident gave me bragging rights as none of my friends on Android managed to get such a deal :D 2 of them swithched over to Windows just because of after sales support :D

I got FOC repairs eve though it was out of warranty, they changed the Motherboard and display for me. Out of goodwill that one time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett