Can't connect to store.

SarthakDagger

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I have Nokia Lumia 530 and I used Windows insider so that I can have a preview of Windows 10.But it didn't happen.It says "we tried using your SD card to perform update..." and the update didn't install but it installed update 2(GDR 2) earlier , so now I am running update 2 of windows 8.1.But I am not able to connect to my store and its a very huge problem to me.Should i use windows recovery tool to rollback to windows 8.1 update 1?Or tell me your way to fix it please.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
First of all do not repeat your question within 50 minutes.

You first could try a soft reset and check if your data and time are correct and see if you can sync your MS account.
You could then try a hard reset (you keep GDR2) or use the Recovery tool to roll back.

By the way you should know that installing W10 could cause all kinds of problems and even brick your phone.
So if a not working phone is "its a very huge problem to me" you should not have started with the update.

Anyhow welcome to Windows Central and good luck.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
But why it is showing the error "we tried using your SD card..." While installing windows 10 TP ?

Now it is also possibly to temporary download an update and store it on a SD card before the installing starts. In the past it had to be stored on the internal memory only and if you had not enough space on your internal memory you had a problem to install updates.
And I presume in your case the update was stored on your SD card but during the "preparing to install " your phone detected an error, hence the error message.
But i have no idea what went wrong, maybe just a glitch or a to slow SD card or not enough space on your SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster