I am having a problem with my Windows 8 OS. My laptop seems to hang after 3-4 minutes of internet browsing. It freezes all of a sudden. It happens even when i browse in different browsers or even when i use wifi or lan? Please help
    05-20-2015 06:25 AM
    Since you haven't provided much information I will start with the simplest solution and work from there.

You probably need to update your wifi/lan drivers and/or your router firmware.
    05-20-2015 06:45 AM
    Well my laptop is an old Asus. It is six years old. It was running fine until I installed Windows 8( I had windows 7 earlier). The laptop runs fine in its other operations like movie playing, book reading etc. But when I browse the internet using Google Chrome or Mozilla it freezes after 4 minutes of browsing. It hangs with the screen locked to where it was. I have to restart it. It has made browsing impossible for me. But when I use internet in torrent downloading in a torrent client it works fine.
    05-20-2015 05:03 PM
    What about Internet Explorer? Does that exhibit the same behavior? (or Opera...)

How about browsing with Task Manager running on top, see if anything happens, like the processor being pegged to 100% or something.
    05-20-2015 09:09 PM
    My suggestion is that you have malware.
    Start your computer in safe mode and run your scanner of choice. If that didn't work download Malwarebytes and do it again.

You mentioned you were using torrents so it's always possible you picked up something.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-21-2015 01:12 AM
    Yeah it happens with internet explorer too. And yes i had a malware called "luckysearches" which affected all my browsers but i removed it with the help of a Norton software. Okay let me give Malwarebytes a try ...maybe it can help me resolve the problem.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-21-2015 01:17 PM
    Yeah it happens with internet explorer too. And yes i had a malware called "luckysearches" which affected all my browsers but i removed it with the help of a Norton software. Okay let me give Malwarebytes a try ...maybe it can help me resolve the problem.
    Make sure you start your computer in safe mode. That way you should get everything.
    05-21-2015 03:17 PM