Why does my laptop freeze after 3-4 minutes of internet browsing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am having a problem with my Windows 8 OS. My laptop seems to hang after 3-4 minutes of internet browsing. It freezes all of a sudden. It happens even when i browse in different browsers or even when i use wifi or lan? Please help

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Laptop freezes after 3-4 minutes of internet browsing

Since you haven't provided much information I will start with the simplest solution and work from there.

You probably need to update your wifi/lan drivers and/or your router firmware.

Virendra Vikram

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Well my laptop is an old Asus. It is six years old. It was running fine until I installed Windows 8( I had windows 7 earlier). The laptop runs fine in its other operations like movie playing, book reading etc. But when I browse the internet using Google Chrome or Mozilla it freezes after 4 minutes of browsing. It hangs with the screen locked to where it was. I have to restart it. It has made browsing impossible for me. But when I use internet in torrent downloading in a torrent client it works fine.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What about Internet Explorer? Does that exhibit the same behavior? (or Opera...)

How about browsing with Task Manager running on top, see if anything happens, like the processor being pegged to 100% or something.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion is that you have malware.
Start your computer in safe mode and run your scanner of choice. If that didn't work download Malwarebytes and do it again.

You mentioned you were using torrents so it's always possible you picked up something.

Virendra Vikram

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it happens with internet explorer too. And yes i had a malware called "luckysearches" which affected all my browsers but i removed it with the help of a Norton software. Okay let me give Malwarebytes a try ...maybe it can help me resolve the problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it happens with internet explorer too. And yes i had a malware called "luckysearches" which affected all my browsers but i removed it with the help of a Norton software. Okay let me give Malwarebytes a try ...maybe it can help me resolve the problem.
Make sure you start your computer in safe mode. That way you should get everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss