BAY TRAIL TABLET as WIRELESS TOUCH MONITOR for i7 NUC Mini PC

W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone and thank you for your time and help.

I am looking to create the ultimate mobile powerhouse setup.
I want to use the new Intel Core i7 NUC - www*intel*com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-nuc5i7ryh*html
and I need help finding a low latency wireless touch monitor solution.

Is it possible to use a bay trail tablet as a wireless touch monitor, possibly using splashtop over WiFi direct? The only other wireless monitor solution I have found is the lenovo ThinkVision LT1423p 13.3-inch IPS LED Backlit LCD Wireless Touch Monitor w/pen
shop*lenovo*com/ae/en/itemdetails/60ACUAT2EU/460/2D2E6910F1B64671956D698D3C85F912

The problem is that this has a 35ms latency which is unacceptable, and costs ?360 (in London)

I am hoping to use the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 with Windows (13") - shop*lenovo*com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga-tablet-series/yoga-tablet-2-win-13/
It has a Intel Atom Z3745 Processor with 2mb cache, 4gb ram and 802.11abgn WLAN network card.

I have a li-ion battery which would power the core i7 nuc for 7 hours which is more than enough (it only weighs 1.25kg)
I work from coffee shops and so would have the NUC sat atop the Li-ion Battery in a commuter bag on the floor, and the 13" tablet on the table.
What would be the best solution? Would it be splashtop over WiFi direct? or some other medium?
who much latency would I expect from your solution?
All thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks again for taking time to consider this, this project will be interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3