Why can't I make or receive calls on my Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 1520 - Cant make or receive any calls

My 1520 stopped working some time ago and i have now come to try fix it. The issue is it doesn't make or receive any phone calls or texts yet it connects to 3g and works. The sim is a perfect working sim so no network issues. i have tried phone updates and tested updating to windows 10, still not working. Does anyone know of anything else i can test?

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 - Cant make or receive any calls

My 1520 stopped working some time ago and i have now come to try fix it. The issue is it doesn't make or receive any phone calls or texts yet it connects to 3g and works. The sim is a perfect working sim so no network issues. i have tried phone updates and tested updating to windows 10, still not working. Does anyone know of anything else i can test?

What does that (red text) mean?
What happens when you attempt a call? an MMS?
Have you tried it in another device? made calls & sent texts?
Is it an AT&T phone (on AT&T) or another carrier? or an MVNO?
Can you make a Skype call?
IF it's under warranty, take it to a MS store ... BUT, it would appear to be a network issue (voice & text are carried on the same portion of the network, but separate on the phone)

Aamir7860

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue.Can't receive or make calls and whenever i click on "PHONE" tile/from the app list,it opens for a sec and closes on its own..please help:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I know your 100% sure the SIM is fine but can you do me the favor of shutting down the phone, removing the SIM, then firing it up?

The phone will cry about not having a SIM but let me know if you can bring up the dialer without the SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon