Which USB data traveler should I opt for???

digiclock

May 21, 2015
Visit site
which USB data traveller should i opt for???

I work in a MNC Bank but I am a trekker at heart. Weekends are my time with nature and I trek through pretty rough areas and have to face a lot of natural difficulties, the only thing that I had to be worried about was my work, I needed an USB that was as rugged as me to survive in such situation, so that I can work on my file without the fear of damaging it. A friend of mine has suggested DataTraveler R3.0 G2, so I just wanted to know if it is any good.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Erm... OK so this is a new area for me and I'm just looking at things on paper.

Have you seen the LeCie "keys"? The Xtreme Key gets great reviews for protection and data speed (heat blast it, freeze it, drop it from 10 meters, run it over with a truck and submerge it to 200 meters!!!) or the Rugged Key may suit if you don't expect full-on water submersion, but require splash protection.

https://www.lacie.com/us/products/range.htm?id=10052

digiclock

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi Rumorednow
I agree that the leCie "keys" is very sturdy and rugged but being 2.0 version, i will have to compromise on speed. The price difference for both these products in the 3.0 version is quite huge Kingston DTR series is half the price as compared to lecie "keys".Overall Kingston is fitting my budget.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss