How to check region and change it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I already made it on my phone. But I send it to customer care 1 month ago, and now want to check if they changed region?
I remember there was a code in Phone Calling screen to change region.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I already made it, but 1 month ago I send Phone to Customer Care and now want to see if they changed region, and if there are some updates.
I remember I changed region with a code in Phone Calling screen, and put the holland one, if I'm not wrong.
Can anyone help me? How can I check what region is my phone, the 3 letter code?

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To check and change the region of your Windows Phone simply go to Settings > Region.

You can't change your own phone number (which includes the country code) if that's what you mean. Your phone's number won't change if you change the region settings of your phone. Your phone number will always keep the country code of the country were you purchased the sim.

I think you're confused with Skype? There you can select the country code before you enter a phone number.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe the user is saying he changed Region by using a Hash Code in the dialer... That would be a new Hash Code to me as I've not heard about that one. I'd like to know what it is if it exists...

If we are talking about flashing a new ROM to another variant that is a horse of another color.

Settings > Region will say in plain text what Region you are claiming without any three letter code.

Settings > extras + info > Manufacturer's Name and/or Mobile Operator may have a three letter code to indicate which Variant you are running as a ROM. See here for codes:
https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/...n/Registry_values_for_carrier-unlocked_phones
- OR -
https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/OEM/docs/Customization/Registry_values_for_mobile_operator_IDs

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged...

User, Marco Arrichiello, please do not create duplicate threads on the same question. It does not help you get answers it actually works against you as the help given does not accumulate in one place...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes