Is zewatch2 applicable with nokia windows phone ?

W

WPCentral Question

I have Nokia Lumia 730, could it synchronize with ZeWatch2

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It'll only support basic profiles such as Caller ID. There's no device other than Band that supports anything complex with Windows Phone.

Where do you base this on? Look at the official website and look at the official app description. Both clearly state the features that are compatible with Windows Phone. Moreover, I know that the official Fitbit app and third party apps of Xiaomi's Mi Band support almost all the features they also offer for iOS and Android.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, Fitbit doesn't support any notifications from Windows Phone. It syncs its own data, but no "smart" functions.
No device other than Band does.
Despite what the start-ups say they'll be able to do.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Define "smart" functions? It's of course true that none of these smart watches or fitness trackers are as complex as the Microsoft Band. And it's true that they might not have all functions yet of their iOS/Android counterpart apps. But this doesn't mean that they can have all the functions in future updates. For example, the Xiaomi Mi Band third party apps supports notifications but no sleep tracking, but the Fitbit app does support sleep tracking. The Fitbit app didn't support run tracking, but now it does. Also the Fitbit app now supports Cortana (in beta).

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, for me, the smarts are things I had a years back with Android/iOS - SMS notifications, email notifications, Twitters and Facebooks notifications, music controls etc.
None of those things are available on any smartwatch that claims "compatibility" with Windows Phone.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah yes it seems that none of the supported smartwatches seem to be able to display notifications on their screens if they have any. Maybe it's something Microsoft hasn't enabled yet in their Windows Phone API? The weird thing is that you can for example sync a silent alarm to a smartwatch.. Isn't that just as complex as to sending a notification to a smartwatch?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills