Charging problems with HTC 8x

dinnyespite

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes when I charge my phone fully up and unplug it from the charger the phone shows me that the battery is at 99%, 98% or 97%. Does anyone have the same issue?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!!!

I occasionally notice the same thing. Here's the deal; batteries in phones now have a smart chip of their own. These chips help keep the battery from "overcharging" like they did in the old days when the AC plug just kept shoving current at them which caused heat and degraded the battery after a full charge was reached. Now the chip regulates this. When the charge reaches approximately 95% the chip only lets in a trickle charge. The charge rate slows way down. It will coast up to 100% and then stop taking current which means it stops taking heat and stops degrading the battery. It will then drift downward and if it gets at or near 95% the trickle charge will start again to "top it off" before closing to current once more.

It is a completely normal phenomena now to see just slightly less than 100% after removing from a charger these days, especially if you have left it on charge for a long period of time such as overnight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720