bring snapchat/6snap

W

WPCentral Question

windows forum my question is so how do we use snapchat if u remove both official and 3rd party apps atleast give a substititute or bring back official snapchat or i m changing my phone back to andriod
i want to use snapchat
since 6snap and snapchat bot are unavailable it makes me think and probabally some other that why not go back to andriod or ios give a substitute for snap chat

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First... This is a fan based News and Discussion site comprised of users such as yourself. It is not in any way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

Second... Only SnapChat can authorize a third party service to access SnapChat. Recently there was a security breach where one of these third party Apps on iOS or Android saw the developer intercept all the pictures sent via their App and then they reposted all the "juicy" ones on the open web. This caused SnapChat to cancel access to their service by ANY third party App on ANY platform. This decision rests solely with SnapChat and no other agency.

Third... Only SnapChat can create or sanction an official App for the Windows Phone platform. They have steadfastly declined to do so and there have been public comments by SnapChat co-founder Evan Spiegel that indicate he would rather pretend that Windows Phone does not exist. Asking anyone but SnapChat to allow your phone access to the SnapChat service is futile at best. SnapChat recently removed from their site any method of asking for added support for devices left out of their service. They quite pointedly do not want to hear from any more Windows Phone users about the situation.

Fourth... There are already way too many threads regarding this topic on the forum here, other forums, Blogs, social media accounts, etc. Your desperate, threatening voice is but a drop in the ocean. SnapChat is not listening to you and does not care about you. Those who hear you and would like to help are unable to do so. SnapChat took their ball and went home in a manner such as an emotionally hurt little boy would exhibit after a tantrum on the playground.

Conclusion... Indeed, if you do have to have SnapChat that badly; by all means run (do not walk) to Android or iOS as there is no evidence SnapChat lies anywhere in the near future for Windows Phone.

Good Luck.

Friend42

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
First... This is a fan based News and Discussion site comprised of users such as yourself. It is not in any way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

Second... Only SnapChat can authorize a third party service to access SnapChat. Recently there was a security breach where one of these third party Apps on iOS or Android saw the developer intercept all the pictures sent via their App and then they reposted all the "juicy" ones on the open web. This caused SnapChat to cancel access to their service by ANY third party App on ANY platform. This decision rests solely with SnapChat and no other agency.

Third... Only SnapChat can create or sanction an official App for the Windows Phone platform. They have steadfastly declined to do so and there have been public comments by SnapChat co-founder Evan Spiegel that indicate he would rather pretend that Windows Phone does not exist. Asking anyone but SnapChat to allow your phone access to the SnapChat service is futile at best. SnapChat recently removed from their site any method of asking for added support for devices left out of their service. They quite pointedly do not want to hear from any more Windows Phone users about the situation.

Fourth... There are already way too many threads regarding this topic on the forum here, other forums, Blogs, social media accounts, etc. Your desperate, threatening voice is but a drop in the ocean. SnapChat is not listening to you and does not care about you. Those who hear you and would like to help are unable to do so. SnapChat took their ball and went home in a manner such as an emotionally hurt little boy would exhibit after a tantrum on the playground.

Conclusion... Indeed, if you do have to have SnapChat that badly; by all means run (do not walk) to Android or iOS as there is no evidence SnapChat lies anywhere in the near future for Windows Phone.

Good Luck.

Lol someone doesn't sound too happy. Anyway, we actually need to do something to bring Snapchat. If you look up Snapchat windows phone on twitter, you'll see many people tweeting about the situation. We need something to do and Rudy Huyn in my opinion would we the best person to ask to make a secret app or something. But Windows phone users need to do something.

Btw, you can call them if you want there number is 1 (310) 399-3339 😉

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lol someone doesn't sound too happy. Anyway, we actually need to do something to bring Snapchat. If you look up Snapchat windows phone on twitter, you'll see many people tweeting about the situation. We need something to do and Rudy Huyn in my opinion would we the best person to ask to make a secret app or something. But Windows phone users need to do something

I'm none too happy about all the kvetching over this. It is an App we don't have and probably will never see, move on somehow. Find an alternative App or migrate to a platform that has it. (Personally, I think it would be silly to invest all that money in new hardware and a new ecosystem for so frivolous an App. {Case in point, when my bank, BoA, pulled its App I didn't post demands that they bring it back now and I didn't threaten to - or actually move to - another platform. I simply got my business in order and moved my funds to another bank that supports my platform of choice.}) It's just an App. It won't save anyone's life. It is not breaking the functionality of devices to not have this App. It's all been said umpteen million times at this point but the new threads and resurrection of the old threads continues almost daily. You could say "then don't read them..." and that would be fine, except as an Ambassador I'm supposed to be reading as much as I can and giving straight forward solutions and help to people. It's my volunteer job, but I take it seriously.

If you had read as much about SnapChat as I have in the last 6 or 8 months this has been going on via posts, blogs and news reports in tech media; you should have come to the same conclusions I have. It ain't happening and all the twitbook action, hand wringing, wailing, gnashing of teeth and threatening to huff off to iDroid won't change that outlook.

I'm simply trying to "keep it real" and advise the OP of the facts I stated. We at Windows Central do not control this. Microsoft does not control this. Only SnapChat can and they have made it pretty clear they don't care. If that means leaving the platform so you can get your SnapChat on... Then have a great ride. Don't squawk the squawk, strut your stuff and just do it.

Does anyone really think Evan Spiegel is reading this statement and others like it:
bring back official snapchat or i m changing my phone back to andriod
...and is saying to himself, "Wow, I just gotta get in there and support Windows Phone with an official App!!!"

IMHO, all of this only feeds into the dude's ego. I for one am not going to stroke that...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Anyway, we actually need to do something to bring Snapchat. If you look up Snapchat windows phone on twitter, you'll see many people tweeting about the situation. We need something to do and Rudy Huyn in my opinion would we the best person to ask to make a secret app or something.
Good luck. Evergreen Spandex be like
Nobody cares about you.jpg
And it's not a case of someone else making a "secret app". As explained above, Snapchat doesn't allow anyone else access to the data they store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs