Charging issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok. So I'm trying to get advice before I waste money. Not sure if this is a phone issue or my phone charger is just shot. As of a few days ago, plugging in my charger does nothing. No beep, my battery icon isn't "blinking." To actually get my phone to charge, I either have to press the plug on the charger for it to work. Or put something with a little weight on it till it's done charging. Now I plan on buying a new charger hoping that's the issue. I'm hoping that it's not my phone. Like after one year of use, one charge a day didn't wear the out lit?! In my phone. What do you think?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where is the weight going?

On the charger head to hold it down into the AC socket? On the head to hold the cord into the charger head? That would be charger... On the cord to hold into the phone port would be bad and may be the cord or the port on the phone. Putting weight there might bork a port and the original problem lies elsewhere...

Does it charge normally with the same cord via USB on the computer? Then the cord is good, the Power Head is bad.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should probably stop putting weight on the port...

Try a different cord and see if the phone charges when plugged into a USB on the computer to verify if it is the charger and/or cord. If it charges with a different cord via USB get a new charger and charge via PC USB until you do... If it does not charge, your port on the phone is bad and you need a repair.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok it's the charger. The chord appears to be fine. It's the plug that goes in the wall. I pulled the USB part out of the wall plug, and put it in my Xbox and now it's working. So tyvm! This thread can be closed lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon