Looking to upgrade my Lumia 635 ATT phone, any options other than the 925?

leathco

May 25, 2015
Visit site
So I have really enjoyed my Lumia 635 in the year I have had it. Great screen, I prefer this interface over Android, and it did most of the stuff my Android phone did. I enjoyed it so much I even switched my tablet from Android to Windows with the Dell Venue Pro. However, I am looking for an upgrade now.

Whatever I upgrade to MUST have 4G LTE, a flash (a glaring weakness of the 635) and 1 GB RAM (another 635 weak spot)

So far I have been looking at a used Lumia 925. It seems to be my best option, as it can be had for 100 dollars or under, which is usually my sweet spot for a new cell phone. But before I make the purchase, I want to make sure there isn't a better choice for a phone, as it feels a 1.5 ghz dual core is a step down from a 1.2 quad core, even though everything else is a step up.

Jennifer Saks

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of going through the same thing...looking at whether to upgrade from my 920. I wish they would keep what's really good about a model and then add in upgrades. Instead, it seems like we have to sacrifice good camera for a bigger screen, or sacrifice processor for camera, etc.

leathco

May 25, 2015
Visit site
(I was not logged in when I asked the question, but I am the OP)

Hmm, the 640 looks pretty good. I like the larger screen size and better CPU. I wish it had the 16 gigs of storage the 925 has, but I usually put all my apps on the SD card anyway. I think I will wait for the 640 to come out, as long as it makes it out by August.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep an eye on eBay and Swappa for a deal on an 830. They are very nice. Based on what others stated they paid I'm slightly embarrassed to say how little mine was... They are very good all-around phones.

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got a 640 as a secondary phone to my 930. It's a tiny bit laggy compared to the 930 but still a bit faster than my gfs 735.

I have to say I think I like it a little better than the 930. I might start using this as my day to day and just take the 930 out when I intend to use the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3