Has anyone heard of Ray and Day Del?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was called by Microsoft because of hacker attempts on my pc. Had to get protection and was billed by ray and day del. Anyone have details.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You better circle the wagons.

Call Your Bank ASAP. Whatever card they charged they will not stop charging until you report the fraud or they run you out of funds on the account.

Your computer is now compromised. Chances are 100% they filled it with malware including keyloggers and spyware designed to steal your information. Disconnect the machine from the internet and seek qualified help in cleansing your system, be it professional services or your nephew who works in IT.

You are at high risk for identity theft. You should contact your bank about this and advise the major credit reporting bureaus as well so they can take steps... Your social security number is also now at risk. Advise the Social Security Administration through in person contact at the nearest SSI services office.

FWIW: I used to work Fraud Reporting at a major bank's call center. This is always a scam and always reason for enacting the tightest clamp down.

Bruser 2016

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I received a call from Microsoft Windows informing me that my PC had been hacked. I was in a panic. They told me they were Ray an Day, showing me a site that it was 100% safe. I feel this company is not trustworthy. I cannot find anything about this company online. Does anyone know about this company stating they are Microsoft Windows. I fear I have been made a fool!
Nyna

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I received a call from Microsoft Windows informing me that my PC had been hacked. I was in a panic. They told me they were Ray an Day, showing me a site that it was 100% safe. I feel this company is not trustworthy. I cannot find anything about this company online. Does anyone know about this company stating they are Microsoft Windows. I fear I have been made a fool!
Nyna

Microsoft will NEVER call you about being hacked. It's a SCAM. Best thing to do is just hang up on them.

Momengis

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
These organisms are very much still in operation. They call, claiming to be MS support, and say you've been hacked. Hang up immediately. I did not and will have to get my PC fumigated. May karma land on them with both feet. They simply add to the world's misery.

boys7863

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I have heard of this company. On the 3rd of Feb 2016 I was looking for a software to work my computer faster. When I was going through my computer a pop up came up to call a number from Windows (434) 282-0313. When I called the number it just gave me a message, that said only someone could get through only if they were called by this number. I hung up. Then a minute later I received a call from that number. I answered the phone. The individual said he worked with Windows and my computer was sending information to them that my computer was invected with a virus that was coming through my internet taking up space in my hard drive and giving warnings and errors. Also that some of the software from Windows have stopped and needs to be reactivated. I trusted Mike that was his name. He said he had to get on my computer and show me what was going on. I did what he said. He had me get on a website to enter my computer. Everything sounded so real by his knowledge of computer experience. After he showed me what was wrong with my computer. He told me that I need to purchase the software to fix it and will include this for 2 yrs for 299.00 and he will send me a receipt by E-mail. After giving my credit card information it was charged. It took around one hour for the tech working on my computer my computer restarted. At 6:00 pm I tried to get online. It would not let me on. I was really worried then, so I tried to call that number again. There was no answer. I got in touch with my son. He told me you have been scammed. I told him that he was from Windows, he said your computer does not talk to Windows. The next day at 9:00am I received another call from Windows, It was a supervisor named Christopher he works for Microsoft, he was letting me know that the software that I purchased did not work and they had to give me a refund. He wanted me to go to my bank online and sign in so he could put my money in my account. I told him that I would not do that. He said then he would put it in my paypal. I told him that I am not going give anymore information till I get my money back. The next thing I know my computer was lock up and they hung up on me. I got a hold of my son. He told me let me come over and find out what happened. He came over and told me that he can get my computer back. My son used a password usually used by administrators use and it worked. About 2 min passed and a phone call came in and it was Christopher he told my son that you will not get your computer back and I will crash it. My son told him that we have the computer back already. He told my son that they sent the money to my paypal account and the only thing is that the only thing is that my company is only authorized to send back 800.00 instead of the 299.00 that they owe to me. I am to go to the nearest western union and send the difference of the 299.00 from the 800.00 and minus 15.00 for sending the money to a guy in China named Haoming Zhu and then bring back the tracking number and then the money will show up in my bank account within minutes. I told Christopher I will not do that and just send a check to me, He said my company does not send checks. I told him that you are a scam and I'm going to report you to the bank and the FBI. He got very upset with me and said after we tried to fix your computer you say that we are a scam. I told him that after this transaction was done I google it and there it is. It was a scam. Now these individuals are calling me almost everyday to have me get back on my computer, to pay me in my account again. I told them I wont do that. I will just report you as a fraud to my bank. They will get my money back for me and he told me they wont be able too, because are company does this all the time. I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSONS ABOUT THIS TYPE OF SCAM, DON'T LET ANYONE TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR COMPUTER, BECAUSE IF YOU DO YOU WILL LIVE THIS NIGHTMARE ALSO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077