Draining the battery while on charge. Is it possible?

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have been using L535 for months but now all of a sudden it doesn't charge. It shows the charging icon but the battery percent does not change even after hours. And when I disconnect the charger, the battery percentage goes down. I've tried soft resetting, checked if the battery's loose but it isn't, the phone is almost brand new. Is this a hardware issue?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you try a different charger? Do you have a USB cable and can you try charging on a USB port from your computer? Does your computer recognize the phone?

What you want to do is determine if it is the charger or the port. If not the charger or the port it may be the battery chip.

Last ditch effort is try a Factory Reset...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you have another device that you can plug into the charger and see if it charges? I could see the USB cord having a broken wire inside, so it just barely makes contact. Your phone will show that it is charging, but it's not sending enough electricity to recharge the battery.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
535 ships with the 0.5a travel charger that does not have a removable USB cord and no data cable included... At least according to the unboxing vidz I quick scanned.

The cord on those Lumia 0.5a travel units is really thin. I can see the cord getting damaged quite easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa