Yahoo and gmail mail app

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Why is there no standalone yahoo and gmail mail app on window phone store as of this moment, has anyone noticed? It's kind of weird

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just added my gmail account and then i got the Google app

When you add a Gmai accountl, the native Mail App adds a Gmail icon to the App list. It's the same Mail App for any account.

FWIW I used to juggle 2 Gmails (now deleted) and I currently have one Outlook, one Yahoo. They all work fine for me via native Mail App.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
When you add a Gmai accountl, the native Mail App adds a Gmail icon to the App list. It's the same Mail App for any account.

FWIW I used to juggle 2 Gmails (now deleted) and I currently have one Outlook, one Yahoo. They all work fine for me via native Mail App.

Native apps appears not present in the store

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Native apps appears not present in the store

Native is not a name, it is a condition. Native means here that it is built in... It naturally lives on your phone.

It is Hard Coded into the OS and non-removable.

Go to Settings > email + accounts > add > add in an account by filling in the required info > after an account is added > go to your apps list and scroll to the account type (Gmail, Gmail2, Outlook, etc.) > the mail App automagically makes an inbox for you > pin that to start.

No matter what email account you add, it will make an inbox. You can get to other folders in the email address by tapping overflow (...) and folders to navigate to Sent, Drafts, etc. Every account you add will look the same and act the same when opened: be it Yahoo, Outlook, Live, Gmail, private mail server... Because each and every one created uses native Mail App.

Go to Settings > email + accounts > tap an account name to open options including what to sync (mail, calendar, contacts)

Go to Settings > email + accounts > hold down on an account name and tap sync from the pop up menu to sync the entire account

Just like every email integrates into Mail... all those account contacts integrate into native Contacts App... all those account calendars integrate into Calendar App.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Native is not a name, it is a condition. Native means here that it is built in... It naturally lives on your phone.

It is Hard Coded into the OS and non-removable.

Go to Settings > email + accounts > add > add in an account by filling in the required info > after an account is added > go to your apps list and scroll to the account type (Gmail, Gmail2, Outlook, etc.) > the mail App automagically makes an inbox for you > pin that to start.

No matter what email account you add, it will make an inbox. You can get to other folders in the email address by tapping overflow (...) and folders to navigate to Sent, Drafts, etc. Every account you add will look the same and act the same when opened: be it Yahoo, Outlook, Live, Gmail, private mail server... Because each and every one created uses native Mail App.

Go to Settings > email + accounts > tap an account name to open options including what to sync (mail, calendar, contacts)

Go to Settings > email + accounts > hold down on an account name and tap sync from the pop up menu to sync the entire account

Just like every email integrates into Mail... all those account contacts integrate into native Contacts App... all those account calendars integrate into Calendar App.

I know all that but I still prefer the app itself like on Android and iPhone colorful and beautiful just like our own revamped outlook on Windowphone 10

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I have two Yahoo mail accounts on my Icon and neither will let me send messages out. I can receive no problem, but anytime I try to send it comes back undeliverable and goes to my draft folder.

Anyone else with the same experience?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb