My screen is cracked and I can't type in my password please help! What can I do?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

My screen is cracked and I can't type in my password please help!

I was outside and dropped my phone and now the screen is cracked. I can't enter in my passcode or answer calls is there anything I can do. I only got the phone a couple of months ago and really don't want to buy a new one. Someone please explain to me how to fix it

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: My screen is cracked and I can't type in my password please help!

If your screen is cracked and you can't enter any input it sounds like you've broken the digitiser as well as the screen itself. If you only got the phone a couple of months ago, did you get it through your carrier or a local shop? You will likely be under warranty (even if not through the place you got it, through the manufacturer warranty itself - it's probably best to try to get a replacement screen that way rather than trying to fit one yourself through ebay etc.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: My screen is cracked and I can't type in my password please help!

You're luck would only be in having the screen replaced. You can either have the service center do that for you (along with a waiting time of at least two weeks), or replace the screen yourself (but with risks of incurring more damage to your device). Check if the service center would still honor the warranty, since most warranties don't cover mishandling (including dropping the device).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234