How to get an invitation to upgrade to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to get an invitation to upgrade to Windows 10

I did not get an invitation to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. How do I go about getting an invitation?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
its thru windows update, so if you haven't received the update yet you will not get an invitation.

I see ya I installed an update a week or so back that's why I got it so... I just press update I never really pay much attention to updates as usually on Windows 7 its just security updates I get.

rajeshontheweb

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
> update all optional and important updates from windows update, this normally helps

>If you didn't find KB3035583 in automatic updates, try to download it using a browser it gives you system readiness information and starts alerting your for windows 10 invite.

> As a last resort, you might try the media creation tool for windows 10

This tool serves two purposes: (a) upgrade your pc in place, like the invitation does (I suppose) (b) creates an iso or usb disk to update windows 10 on any supported device (beware, you will need your windows key to proceed with this tool and it might help you do a clean install - without leaving any copy of your existing windows 7 or 8)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism