Why can't I update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why i cannot update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020

Hello all, first i bought the phone in restart loop. I fixed it by flashing older rom with Phone Image Designer. It boots when i am using older rom but when i try to update to 8.1 GDR1 my Lumia is again stuck in restart loop. Tried hard reset and it doesn't help. The phone is AT&T so i cannot try flashing another image than AT&T image. In my country there is no Nokia Care store and no AT&T and I don't have AT&T sim can this be a problem? Thank you

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay just making sure one last time before I rule this as a hardware problem...

1) Nokia Product Support Tool 5.0 in offline mode
2) Uncheck "Automatic product selection" and click open product and select RM-877
3) Click on Programming >> Recovery, here you'll find your downloaded firmware
4) Click start and let it verify the firmware then connect your powered-off phone while pressing volume-down and click start after vibrate to flash (red bar)

You did perform the exact steps right?

The reason I ask is this process has always solved all software glitches for me, unless its a hardware failure

anaheiim

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why i cannot update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020

Rather than using "Phone Image Designer", you may want to try using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to re-install the appropriate OS for your L1020.
​The problem is not there; he may very well use WPID (Windows Phone Image Designer) as long as he has access at the MSFT FFU DL Mode.

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why i cannot update to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Lumia 1020

Okay just making sure one last time before I rule this as a hardware problem...

1) Nokia Product Support Tool 5.0 in offline mode
2) Uncheck "Automatic product selection" and click open product and select RM-877
3) Click on Programming >> Recovery, here you'll find your downloaded firmware
4) Click start and let it verify the firmware then connect your powered-off phone while pressing volume-down and click start after vibrate to flash (red bar)

You did perform the exact steps right?

The reason I ask is this process has always solved all software glitches for me, unless its a hardware failure

I did everyhing the same as told except unchecking "Automatic product selection" is this important?
MSFT FFU DL Mode
What this means? Thank you all
EDIT: Is there something i can check my product code on hardware not software side?

Last edited:

sini6a

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I fixed it. I downloaded latest denim update using navifirm+ then i flashed using Nokia Product Support Tool 5.0 and i've got the reboot again. After that i done hard reset that haven't helped neither and again i reflashed same image using Phone Image Designer and voila the phone booted and i came to select language menu. The phone works flawlessly again with latest Denim update and i'm sure updating it to Windows 10. Thank you all, best wishes :D
EDIT: Cyan update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99