After one year of win 10 free usage, will I be able to get my genuine win 8.1 back?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

After one year of win 10 free usage, will I be able to get my genuine win 8.1 back or I will have to purchase it? is there a option to roll back to win 8.1?
I am not a tech freak. please help

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
After one year of win 10 free usage, will I be able to get my genuine win 8.1 back or I will have to purchase it? is there a option to roll back to win 8.1?
You still keep all of windows 10 for free. Once you install it, its yours on that pc forever. But make sure you upgrade by july 29 2016, or else you can't upgrade for free anymore. As long as you upgrade by that date, windows 10 is yours, forever

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

You will have to have back up in place.Use a recovery drive of some kind to get 8.1 back,but why bother when you can keep on using windows 10.It will not expire on your device after one year. Its urs forever until the machine is done

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss