Look for a Laptop

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm partial to Lenovo ThinkPad's and/or Dell Latitudes. (business class PCs for better build and repairability.) Windows is my OS of choice, sometimes with Xubuntu or Ubuntu GNOME riding shotgun.

Give us a price range.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
- Which Brand is Good ?
- Which OS is Good ?
Use is Studying Programming Languages
Like C, C++, Java, Cloud etc...

1. Search for Dell Precision M4600 on Amazon/eBay. Find one for ~$400 with an Intel i7 (QM) / 16GB RAM / 1080p IPS / Backlight Keyboard / Nvidia Quadro. These models are very good workhorses, especially for a budding programmer. Excellent build quality and reliability!

2. Keep Windows or go for a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu. You will need some form of Linux experience afterall.

3. Install Eclipse IDE for Java Programming. Once you get the fundamentals down, you should give C++ a look. Don't learn bad practices and try to code in C/++ haha.

4. Try this out: http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Ja...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3114726

5. Good luck ;)))

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm partial to Lenovo ThinkPad's and/or Dell Latitudes. (business class PCs for better build and repairability.) Windows is my OS of choice, sometimes with Xubuntu or Ubuntu GNOME riding shotgun.

Give us a price range.

Is it just me or are Thinkpads / Precisions attractive? Seems like most people associate the design with clunkers :O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes