How to remove/hide onedrive or at least make it inaccessible?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi guys, I have to send my phone to a repair service and I just realized that anybody can access my files via onedrive folder that is integrated into my phone. Is there a way to hide it, remove it or make it inaccessible without a password or something? Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend sending your phone in for repair with your personal data on it. If they don't end up reseting it themselves I'll be very surprised.

Backup your data and do a reset. Then send it in.

If you don't think that's a good idea, log out of Onedrive or uninstall Onedrive.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Enter the OneDrive app on the phone. Tap the hamburger menu at the upper left, and at the bottom of the screen tap "Settings".

From Settings, swipe left twice to the Options tab. Turn on the PIN.

Now, whenever you access OneDrive from the phone, the PIN will be required.

Not sure how this works with Office trying to access OneDrive apps. Will have to test it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Backup your phone and reset and send it to them. Nokia did reset my phone twice I sent for repairs to them for glass fix as well as audio jack fix.

Just make sure when you reset it to not set it up with your MS account again, so there would be no access to the account's OneDrive.

This way, when you get it back, reset it again and do a restore of your backup. Great advice. Besides, they may opt to send you a refurbished phone in the place of the one you send in, so best to be prepared for that anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro