Hey Cortana!? on Lumia 930

Leo_016

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I would like to know if any of you managed to get the functionality "hey, Cortana" working. I tried several times but is like my microphone inst working, it never record my voice. Anyone have any idea of how to fix it? Thanks

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The first time I set it up it was spotty. I hit the "clear training" button and tried again, and now it works ~80% of the time on the first try, and 100% of the time by the second try. I make sure to say "hey Cortana" in a fairly unique way with exaggerated inflections.

Leo_016

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems like impossible. All the bubbles stay empty when I'm recording, and always it fails. There's only the train button option. And I spoke In a lot of different ways and no one work :(

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
If my L930 has been in standby for a while and sitting on my desk, Hey Cortana seems to be spotty at getting going. If I pick it up it seems to work well. It seems to work well after that unless left on standby on the desk for a while again.

Does it work well when your phone is out of standby? If so, not your mics. If not, time for a return (do try retraining and a factory reset before giving up though).

Leo_016

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's working normal for phone calls, even for Cortana (using the Bing button), for recording video's, etc. I soft reset my phone and still, all I got is: Sorry I didn't catch that. :(

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Working for phone calls tells you little, as the 930 (for example) uses multiple mics for Cortana unlike for phone calls.

That said, it sounds like a factory reset may be a useful approach here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6